Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Why 2D games beat the hell out of 3D games

Well, I do not make conclusion on my self, I am based on the conclusion make by kongregate

see the link below

http://www.slideshare.net/DavidPChiu/kongregate-maximizing-player-retention-and-monetization-in-freetoplay-games-comparative-stats-for-2d-3d-games-and-asian-western-games-migs-2013-presentation

according to them , this is because


Developers of 3D games tend to:
- Be console developers with limited Free 2 play experience
- Focus on graphics, instead of improving retention and monetisation funnels
- not accept pay for convenience and pay to win
- make games in low monetisation genre (FPS, MOBA)
- make shippable product instead of long term retention, games as a service


Well, I can only make 3D games for now, because I do not have a 2D artist, I dont have a drawpad to draw 2D art and if i try to draw using GIMP, it will look extremely awful, so the focus here is to design some long term retention, games as a service

among the idea is
1. Give daily bonus
2. Add element of chance
3. keep them busy
4. must have progress, leveling up and upgrade

No comments:

Post a Comment